Make a Pledge
We need your help to reach our goalMake a Pledge
Campaign Goal $2,500,000
Through our grassroots efforts with individuals, local foundations, and corporations, we have raised over $1.5 million! Financing has been secured through M&T Bank and renovations have begun, which keeps us on time to open to the public this November. However, we still need to raise the remaining funds. Currently we have requested funding under the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to get us to the finish line!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Please contact the Governor’s office directly. Tell him what Gamut means to you and ask him to support our request for RACP.
STEP 1: COMPOSE YOUR LETTER
- Talk about your experience at Gamut Theatre, what it means to you, and what it will mean to have this new facility
- Throw in some bullet points (see below)
BULLET POINTS – Pick and choose which ones to use to spruce up your letter:
- Gamut Theatre has touched the lives of over 500,000 people in its 21 year history and currently reaches approximately 30,000 people each year and 20,000 students
- Gamut is Popcorn Hat Players Children’s Theatre and Harrisburg Shakespeare Company, best known for Free Shakespeare in the Park and its numerous education and community outreach programs• While based in Harrisburg, PA, Gamut’s educational outreach extends to 32 different PA counties, and 80% of our students live outside Harrisburg
- Gamut is repurposing an historic church, the former First Church of God. This beautiful building was built in the 1850’s and was the first of its denomination. Gamut’s project preserves the history of the building and prevents it from being torn down.
- The New Gamut Theatre will be home to two performance venues: the Select Medical Mainstage and the Alexander Grass children’s stage, as well as multiple classrooms, allowing Gamut to keep up with the demand for expanding education programs and performance offerings
- The New Gamut Theatre will be a tourist destination, allowing for bus tours to Central PA’s only classical theatre
- The New Gamut Theatre will host after-school programs, evening/weekend classes, and provide performance and presentation space for local community and arts groups
STEP 2: CONTACT THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
Since you now have that great letter, send it to Governor Tom Wolf!
Governor’s Correspondence Office
508 Main Capitol Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
STEP 3: MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT!
We know how much you love Gamut Theatre, and we thank you for your continued support! For guidance in this campaign or further information on how to support Gamut in this exciting time, contact Melissa@GamutTheatre.org!